#20 - Becoming an Orphan as an Adult
Sasha’s Mum died in an accident 8 years ago when Sasha was 29. She then lost her Dad to suicide almost 3 years ago and that changed the trajectory of her grief.
Sasha felt that her mum’s death was going to prepare her for her Father’s death but she was surprised at the different layers that came and had to learn how to manoeuvre through the waves of grief again.
- the differences between suicide loss and other losses
- what it was like for Sasha becoming an orphan as an adult
- Sasha’s confusion around her dad's death and how she had to break through that in order to process the rest of her grief
- what it felt like for our families to shrink so quickly
- how Sasha changed the trajectory of her career and is living a more meaningful life
A very real, daughter’s story.
Please listen with care and know there are people out there that can help and support you.
Within the UK:
Samaritans - Free on 116 123
Suicide&Co - Free on 0800 054 8400 Mon-Friday 9aam-9pm
Within the US:
Suicide Hotline: Free on 1-800-273-8255 or text 742741
Anywhere else in the World:
Contact me here: [email protected] and we will see what is available in your country.
Or find me on Facebook - Suicide Grief Support
Find Sasha here: