#18 - Losing Both Parents as a Child
Joe tells his story of losing both his mother and father to suicide before he was 11 years old. After over 30 years of coping with a generalised anxiety disorder, panic attacks, a divorce and the stress of being a professional business man, Joe and I discuss important areas of mental health, business and suicide loss, including:
- The significance of trauma after suicide loss.
- The needs of teenagers when faced with suicide loss.
- The physical effects of depression.
- How Joe coped as a teenager through snowboarding, friendships and music.
- How the COVID lockdown helped Joe make healthy life choices in business.
- How Joe managed his panic attacks.
- Empathic leadership.
A story illuminating the possible effects of suicide loss on a child and a growing man.
Please listen with care and know there are people out there that can help and support you.
Within the UK:
Samaritans - Free on 116 123
Suicide&Co - Free on 0800 054 8400 Mon-Friday 9aam-9pm
Within the US:
Suicide Hotline: Free on 1-800-273-8255 or text 742741
Anywhere else in the World:
Contact me here: [email protected] and we will see what is available in your country.
Or find me on Facebook - Suicide Grief Support
To find Joe: